Internal transfer

Once you are studying an undergraduate degree at Flinders, it’s possible for you to change to another course. If you’re applying from another university to study here, see higher education transfers.

Applications for semester 1, 2017 have now closed.

Please note the following courses are now closed for 2017 applications
Bachelor of Sport, Health and Physical Activity
Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood), Bachelor of Arts
Bachelor of Education (Primary R-7), Bachelor of Arts
Bachelor of Education (Secondary), Bachelor of Special Education

View courses available and unavailable for internal transfer.

Are you eligible?

You need to be a current undergraduate Flinders student and have a Flinders academic record of study, or be returning from an approved leave of absence.

Flinderslink – guaranteed entry

Flinderslink is a guaranteed entry scheme for current Flinders University students wanting to change their course. This is a good option if you don’t get your first preference or if you decide to change career direction.

Combining your degree

If you want to be admitted to a combined degree you can apply through the internal transfer process. View our combined degrees guide (PDF).

Course specific internal transfer information

See below for additional information regarding transfer into the courses below.

If you successfully finish the Flinders Foundation Studies program, you are eligible to apply for transfer to an eligible course via the Student Information System.

While selection for most courses is competitive, entry is guaranteed into some courses.

As a current student you can apply to study the Bachelor of Letters concurrently, via internal transfer, with any other Flinders undergraduate course. The course offers the following specialisations:

  • Creative Writing
  • English
  • Innovation and Enterprise
  • Languages (French, Indonesian, Italian, Modern Greek, Spanish)
  • Sports Performance Coaching.

If you’re currently enrolled in the Bachelor of Health Sciences (Nutrition Stream) you can apply for transfer to the third year of the Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics after completing two years of the degree, with a GPA of at least a credit average.

When you apply you will need to include a statement outlining your interest in food and nutrition. The written statement will count for 30% of the overall selection rank, the remaining 70% will be based on academic merit.

Further information about the entry requirements (PDF).

If you’re currently enrolled in the Bachelor of Medical Science you can apply for transfer to the Optometry program after completing your first or second year.

You have to have completed a specific program of study as part of the Bachelor of Medical Science and gained a minimum GPA of 5. There will also be a formal interview process.

Further information about the entry requirements (PDF).

How to apply

Submit your application via the Student Information System. View the guide about how to apply (PDF).

Applications for semester 1 entry have been extended, and may close without notice. Except for transfers to:

  • Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics third year entry – closed Monday 5 December
  • Bachelor of Medical Science (Vision Science)/Master of Optometry second year entry – closed Friday 4 November.

Offers

You will receive an email to your Flinders email address regarding the outcome of your application.

Semester 1 offers are made from mid-January, after semester 2 results of the previous year are finalised, until the start of semester 1.

Semester 2 offers are made in July after semester 1 results are finalised.

Credit transfer for students transferring from one Flinders degree to another

If you have completed topics within a degree at Flinders and have been successful in your application to transfer to another degree at Flinders you may want to apply for credit transfer.

This is not an automatic process so you will need to lodge an application, however it is not necessary for you to provide an academic transcript or syllabus.