AT FLINDERS, WE'RE AS EXCITED ABOUT YOUR FUTURE AS YOU ARE.
As a Flinders University student you will learn within cutting-edge facilities purpose-built for your study needs.
Our teaching is designed to take you from learning to earning. Plugged into industry trends, Flinders helps you to prepare for your career through professional placements and practical experiences. With academics close to the wire on world-leading research, you will learn not only to think about the theory, but to take actions that can change the world.
You can turbo charge your career with our new suite of innovation and enterprise courses, powered by US Fox School of Business. Each topic is embedded with the philosophy of Flinders’ New Venture Institute, our innovation and entrepreneurial arm.
Career-ready and empowered, you’ll be poised to find your place and make your mark on the world.
If you’ve applied to study at university in 2017 and still have some questions, we’re here to help.
WELCOME TO FLINDERS
If you have received an offer from Flinders University, congratulations, you’re joining a world’s top 2% university and home of the 2016 Australian University Teacher of Year.
To activate your student account, plan your study and enrol, visit: my.flinders.edu.au
If you’re still considering your study options for 2017, see below for a range of opportunities at Flinders.
SA International Student of the Year 2016, Emmanuel Ita Bassey, is pleased to use return flights to Nigeria to keep helping people with disabilities.
She’s inspired Australia to save Nemo and the reef, and now Assoc Professor Karen Burke da Silva’s efforts have earned her Australia’s top university teaching award.
Popular Flinders NT medical student Ian Lee has won the Australian Indigenous Doctors’ Association (AIDA) Indigenous Student of the Year Award.
YOUR STUDY OPTIONS
Whatever your results, you can speak with us about your study options. We are here to support you to find the path to university that’s right for you.
Flinders provides a range of course pathway options that enable you to start in one degree and move across to your degree of choice later.
If you have any questions we’re here to help!
FLINDERS SCHOLARSHIPS AND SUPPORT
On top of our award-winning teaching, great support and a world class study environment, Flinders offers over $1million in scholarships. Check our scholarships page to see if you are eligible for a study scholarship at Flinders.
Learn more about making the transition to university with our great selection of webinars.
Once you begin studying, Flinders provides a range of support services to help you achieve the perfect study/life balance, including:
WE'RE HERE TO HELP
Deciding what to study, and where, is an important decision. If you have any questions about your application, courses available, the ordering of your preferences or pathway options, please join us at one of our information sessions, contact us via phone or email, or make a time to meet with us. Get a real perspective of what it’s like to study at Flinders. Talk to a current student over the phone by calling our 1300 number.
Top 20 things to see and do at Flinders Uni
1. The Science Innovation and Learning Centre (SILC building) has a very unique feature. The wall that faces the grass area was designed to be a ‘whispering wall’. Take a friend and have a go!
2. Walk around the lake during a study or lunch break as a quick way to reenergise, explore the campus and enjoy nature.
3. Feed the ducks…..or be stalked until you do! Flinders is home to many wild ducks, some who are very friendly to Flinders staff, students and visitors, and some who are very pushy in their quest for lunch! Keep an eye out for them by the Plaza and lake.
4. Sit on a beanbag and watch a movie in the Plaza on the big screen.
5. Lose yourself in a good book on the top floor of the library, where you can find a secluded spot with views of the city
6. Enjoy a burger and beer at the Tavern, by Burger Theory, the brain child of a Flinders University student.
7. Wander through the garden at Tonsley, complete with fog gently flowing from a tree stump.
8. Grab a local beer at the Tavern on a Friday evening and celebrate the end of a week watching the sunset over the ocean. A great chance to interact with staff and students in a relaxed environment with fantastic views.
9. Attend a performance by our dance or drama students.
10. Visit Pendopo, the tangible symbol of the meeting between Australian and Indonesian people and cultures. It’s a place of hospitality where public concerts take place, Indonesian dignitaries are welcomed, postgraduate students meet, and a variety of music and dances ensembles rehearse.
11. Walk across the iconic Flinders footbridge that connects the main campus to the Sturt campus. Experience the gorgeous views, sheer height and serenity of the middle of the bridge.
12. Head to level 5 at Tonsley and take in the amazing views all the way through to the city, or up towards the hills, including a view of our Bedford Park campus.
13. Free yoga is offered on the Plaza lawn and is a great social experience that leaves you feeling relaxed and stretched.
14. Use the cardio equipment on level 2 of FlindersOne Fitness. The views are awesome at any time but when the sun is setting it is a spectacular place to work out, improving your fitness and general wellbeing.
15. Watch the sun go down at the end of a long day from the second story of carpark 4 and see the lights of Adelaide. A magical lookout that not many realise, depending on the time of year, you could have the place to yourself!
16. Look out over the bustling business square from Level 10, Flinders University, Victoria Square.