The Flinders Experience
There’s more to Flinders than our friendly reputation. It’s true that we value our people, and our students agree that we offer the best student experience and support in SA. But The Flinders Experience is about having the space and flexibility to choose your path, and the confidence to build your own future. Our industry-driven degrees and support services will help you on your way to a satisfying career and beyond.
There’s no limit to what you can achieve with a Flinders degree, because our internationally recognised teachers, state-of-the-art facilities and research that makes a difference are here to inspire you to be the best you can. Explore your passions, experiment bravely and make your mark. It’s what inspiring achievement is all about.
Flinders inspires you to achieve more
You’ll meet incredible minds to stimulate and inspire you – teachers of international repute armed with up-to-the-minute knowledge, drawing on research that not only meets the world standard, but exceeds it.
Our teaching is designed to take you from learning to earning. You’ll be plugged into industry trends, and take part in professional placement opportunities and practical experiences that make you work-ready upon graduation.
You’ll take this journey in stimulating learning spaces, sharing your ideas with like-minded individuals who challenge and inspire you to achieve more.
It’s the perfect environment in which to become the best you can be.
Flinders University’s reach extends beyond Adelaide.
- Bedford Park campus – only 25 minutes from the CBD.
- Tonsley centre for innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Study certain degrees in the city at our Victoria Square location.
- Regional SA locations: Port Lincoln, Barossa, Murray Bridge, Victor Harbor, Renmark.
- Regional interstate locations: Victoria and the Northern Territory.
Services and support while you’re at uni
In 2016, Flinders University offered more than 600 scholarships worth over $4.2M in total.
A generous range of scholarships is available to new and continuing undergraduate students.
Flinders is the only university in Adelaide that gives you the opportunity to live on campus.
Flinders Living offers accommodation for over 550 students at the University Hall and Deirdre Jordan Village.
Flinders has a long history of active student involvement.
The Flinders University Student Association (FUSA) continues that tradition, and represents the rights and interests of students. FUSA manages social events, non-sporting clubs and societies, the student publication Empire Times, and helps with academic, administrative and welfare issues.
Stay in shape while you flex your mind.
The Bedford Park campus includes a state-of-the-art Sport and Fitness Centre where you can work out while taking in the best views of any gym in Adelaide. Flinders also has courts and ovals for a variety of sports. Get involved in our sporting teams, clubs, and events.
Flinders Connect is your one-stop-shop for help with everything from enrolment and fees to exams and graduation.
You can also access Flinders Connect for specialist services in admissions, careers, and IT help. A range of support services is also available.
Work-Integrated Learning (WIL) enables you to gain work experience while you study.
Flinders aims to provide each and every student with access to a WIL opportunity during their studies through placements, practicums, field studies, and simulated workplace settings and assessment activities.
The Careers and Employer Liaison Centre helps give you the edge in your career.
The Centre provides a diverse range of services and programs including job posting services, access to employers, tailored careers advice and a comprehensive range of careers resources.
Your Student Hub and Plaza is open 24/7 to help you get the most out of your on-campus experience.
The Hub brings the best of coffee and street food culture to the heart of the Bedford Park campus, with retail options, innovative study spaces and free wi-fi access.
About the Plaza and Student Hub
Art in the Hub and Student Plaza
Top 20 things to see and do at Flinders Uni
1. Grab a local beer at the Tavern on a Friday evening and celebrate the end of a week watching the sunset over the ocean. A great chance to interact with staff and students in a relaxed environment with fantastic views.
2. Walk around the lake during a study or lunch break as a quick way to reenergise, explore the campus and enjoy nature.
3. Feed the ducks…..or be stalked until you do! Flinders is home to many wild ducks, some who are very friendly to Flinders staff, students and visitors, and some who are very pushy in their quest for lunch! Keep an eye out for them by the Plaza and lake.
4. Sit on a beanbag and watch a movie in the Plaza on the big screen.
5. Lose yourself in a good book on the top floor of the library, where you can find a secluded spot with views of the city
6. Enjoy a burger and beer at the Tavern, by Burger Theory, the brain child of a Flinders University student.
7. Wander through the garden at Tonsley, complete with fog gently flowing from a tree stump.
8. The Science Innovation and Learning Centre (SILC building) has a very unique feature. The wall that faces the grass area was designed to be a ‘whispering wall’. Take a friend and have a go!
9. Attend a performance by our dance or drama students.
10. Visit Pendopo, the tangible symbol of the meeting between Australian and Indonesian people and cultures. It’s a place of hospitality where public concerts take place, Indonesian dignitaries are welcomed, postgraduate students meet, and a variety of music and dances ensembles rehearse.
11. Walk across the iconic Flinders footbridge that connects the main campus to the Sturt campus. Experience the gorgeous views, sheer height and serenity of the middle of the bridge.
12. Head to level 5 at Tonsley and take in the amazing views all the way through to the city, or up towards the hills, including a view of our Bedford Park campus.
13. Free yoga is offered on the Plaza lawn and is a great social experience that leaves you feeling relaxed and stretched.
14. Use the cardio equipment on level 2 of FlindersOne Fitness. The views are awesome at any time but when the sun is setting it is a spectacular place to work out, improving your fitness and general wellbeing.
15. Watch the sun go down at the end of a long day from the second story of carpark 4 and see the lights of Adelaide. A magical lookout that not many realise, depending on the time of year, you could have the place to yourself!
16. Look out over the bustling business square from Level 10, Flinders University, Victoria Square.