Flinders Foundation Studies Program teaches you in clear and concrete terms how to be a successful university student and is a pathway to undergraduate study.
Why study Flinders Foundation Studies?
There is no cost to the Foundation Studies program.
You will become eligible to apply for most of Flinders undergraduate courses if you:
- complete all four topics as outlined in the program
- attend at least 75% of the classes in which you have enrolled in for each topic.
In the final part of the program details will be provided on how to begin your university studies.
How to apply
There are two admissions per year; semester 1 (March) and semester 2 (July).
Applications will be open in mid-October for semester 1, 2017 entry.
Guaranteed entry to Flinders University
If you successfully complete the Foundation Studies Program Flinders University will guarantee your entry to these undergraduate degrees:
- Archaeology | SATAC code: 214021
- Arts | SATAC Code: 214031
- Business | SATAC Code: 214761
- Creative Arts (Fashion)* | SATAC Code: 224901
- Creative Arts (Visual Arts)* | SATAC Code: 224911
- Disability and Developmental Education | SATAC Code: 224531
- Environment | SATAC Code: 224681
- Engineering Science | SATAC Code: 214811
- Information Technology | SATAC Code: 214201
- International Relations | SATAC Code: 224991
- Law and Society | SATAC Code: 234641
- Media Arts | SATAC Code: 224731
- Public Administration | SATAC Code: 234601
- Science | SATAC Code: 214331
- Theology | SATAC Code: 214361 (Internal) 214365 (External)
Upon successful completion of the Foundation Studies Program you are eligible to apply for other courses, however, selection is competitive so it pays to work hard and achieve the best results you can.
Apply for the above guaranteed entry courses via internal transfer.
What will you study?
You will study these topics:
- Introduction to University Study through Academic Writing
- Developing the Skills of Academic Literacy
- Developing the Skills of Academic Numeracy
- Flinders University: An Introduction to Different Areas of Study.
Where will you study?
The Foundation Studies Program is available to study in Adelaide, and regional South Australia with our partner TAFE SA.
- TAFE SA Barossa (Nuriootpa)
- TAFE SA Berri
- TAFE SA Clare
- TAFE SA Gawler
- TAFE SA Kadina
- TAFE SA Kingscote (Kangaroo Island)
- TAFE SA Mount Barker
- TAFE SA Mount Gambier
- TAFE SA Murray Bridge
- TAFE SA Naracoorte
- TAFE SA Port Augusta
- TAFE SA Port Lincoln
- TAFE SA Port Pirie
- TAFE SA Renmark
- TAFE SA Victor Harbor
- TAFE SA Whyalla
When you can study?
We offer Foundation Studies in both semester 1 (March entry) and semester 2 (July entry). Applications open a few months prior for both intakes and the program runs for one semester
Alternatively, in Semester 1, there is an additional option of undertaking Foundation Studies entirely on campus at Flinders University (evening classes). This is suited to those with day-time commitments and will run for seven months, allowing you to begin your university degree in Semester 1 the following year.
Who is eligible to apply?
This program is for Australian citizens or those with Australian permanent residency status and New Zealand citizens who have not previously studied at university and do not hold a TAFE/VET Certificate IV or higher.
This program is not available to students enrolled in Year 12 studies (South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE) or equivalent) or to those who were eligible to be enrolled in Year 12 studies in the year they wish to commence this program.