Indigenous Admissions Scheme
The Indigenous Admissions Scheme provides an alternative pathway for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, who may not have been able to gain entry to university by traditional means, with the opportunity to study at Flinders.
Are you eligible?
To be eligible for the Indigenous Admissions Scheme you must be an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander in accordance with the Commonwealth definition which requires you to:
- be of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent, and
- identify as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, and
- be accepted as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander in the community in which you live or have lived.
You may be currently studying Year 12, or be a non-school leaver.
How to apply
- Apply for the course you want to study through the South Australian Tertiary Admissions Centre (SATAC). You will get an application number from SATAC that you will need for your Indigenous Admissions application form.
- Complete the Indigenous Admissions Scheme Application Form (PDF) and send to Yunggorendi Student Engagement Office as outlined at the end of the form.
- An interview is part of the application process but you will be notified about this.
Application and interview dates
First round applications close late November and second round applications close early January for semester 1. For our mid year intake to a number of courses, applications close in June.
Interview dates occur during December and January for a semester 1 start.